Pender Basic is for puppies and dogs starting at the age of 5 months and up. A dog is never too old to learn new tricks! This comprehensive class is for savvy dog owners and those new to dog ownership. Topics include sit, down, stand, attention, handling, stays, touch, recalls, mouthing, biting, stealing, jumping, potty training, pulling, heeling, oral hygiene, grooming, feeding, barking, leadership, and much more. This class differs from Pender Puppy only by the age of the dogs attending and that there is no play time during class. Dogs work harder on impulse control in Basic. This 8 class program is held weekly.
Class Dates: Tuesdays 2/4, 2/11, 2/18, 2/25, 3/3, 3/17, 3/24, 3/31 (No class 3/10)
*This class is for dogs ages 5 months and older* – if you have a younger puppy then please consider our Puppy Kindergarten Classes
What you need to know to register:
- Obedience registration is done by mail (there should be an option for printing out the brochure to mail in the registration) or via telephone at 703-631-9590.
- Group obedience classes are $175 for 8 weekly 55-minute sessions.
- Dogs must be up to date on vaccines that include Rabies, Distemper, Bordetella, and Canine Influenza Vaccine.
- Please bring soft treats and a standard 5-6′ leash to class.
- Dogs that have issues with barking or aggression should resolve these issues in private training prior to attending any group classes.
For more information on registration, contact Pender Pet Retreat at 703-631-9590.
For more information on class topics, training style, or private lessons, contact trainer Michelle Jackson at email@example.com or 703-591-3591