While Pender Veterinary Centre has not prescribed many of these products recently, please be advised of a recent voluntary Product Recall of Vetropolycin Ophthalmic Ointment 3.5 gm, Vetropolycin HC Ophthalmic Ointment 3.5 gm, and Puralube Vet Ophthalmic Ointment 3.5gm.
If you have been prescribed any of these medications for your pet in the last few weeks, through Pender Veterinary Centre, please call us to check the Lot Number of the medication, or if you have any questions or concerns.
1) PPR agrees to board and care for the Owner’s pet during his/her stay at the Retreat. PPR shall provide food, water, exercise, and shelter for the animal while boarding. The Owner agrees to pay the rate for boarding in effect on the date the pet is checked into the Retreat. The Owner further agrees to pay all costs and charges for special services requested and all veterinary costs for the pet during the time the pet is in the care of PPR. A boarding charge is made for the day the pet arrives, regardless of the time of arrival. There will be no charge for the day of departure if the pet is picked up before 2pm on the day of departure. All first time customers are required to leave a $75 credit card deposit. PPR is unable to board new pets without a credit card number on file. Any pet boarding for 15 days or more will automatically be charged to the credit card on file.
2) All dogs boarding more than 6 days will receive a complimentary bath before going home. If Owner opts for the Spa Package, it will be provided at a discounted rate.
3) Initially, boarding may be stressful for some animals. A change in routine, environment, water, or food can sometimes cause stress-related colitis resulting in soft or loose stools. There is no known prevention for this condition. PPR has trained staff who monitor all pets and, if soft stools occur, a manager will notify you and will recommend veterinary care if needed.
4) The boarding of animals is subject to Article 4 (§ 3.2-6518 et seq.) of Chapter 65 of Title 3.2. This states that if your animal becomes ill or injured while in the custody of the boarding establishment, the boarding establishment shall provide the animal with emergency veterinary treatment for the illness or injury. The consumer shall bear the reasonable and necessary costs of emergency veterinary treatment for any illness or injury occurring while the animal is in the custody of the boarding establishment. The boarding establishment shall bear the expenses of veterinary treatment for any injury the animal sustains while at the boarding establishment if the injury resulted from the establishment’s failure, whether accidental or intentional, to provide the care required by § 3.2-6503. Boarding establishments shall not be required to bear the cost of veterinary treatment for injuries resulting from the animal’s self-mutilation.
5) Pender Veterinary Centre at Dulles Gateway is a licensed veterinary hospital located adjacent to PPR. Pender Veterinary Centre at Dulles Gateway is not owned by PPR. It is a separately owned business and is available for medical treatment in the event it becomes necessary for the reasons set forth above. Pender Veterinary Centre at Dulles Gateway has medical staffing Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday; it is not a 24 hour facility. If an emergency situation arises outside of Pender Veterinary Centre at Dulles Gateway’s regular business hours, your pet will be taken to Pender Veterinary Centre’s 24-hour medical campus in Fairfax, VA.
6) The health & safety of each pet is our number one priority. Therefore, in the best interest of all, each guest must meet our published vaccinations standards prior to admittance. Past due vaccinations and tests will be updated by Pender Veterinary Centre at Dulles Gateway at the Owner’s expense. Dogs are required to have DHPP, Rabies, Canine Influenza, Bordetella (every 6 months), and a fecal test. Cats are required to have FEVRTC, Rabies, and a fecal test. It is also recommended that dogs have Lyme and Leptospirosis vaccines, and cats have Feline Leukemia vaccines.
7) All animals must be on a monthly flea (or preferably flea and tick) product. If an animal has not had a dose applied or administered within the product’s window of efficacy, a member of PPR’s staff will apply the appropriately sized topical Frontline Plus™. Any pets who have fleas when arriving for boarding will be treated with a Capstar ™ tablet to kill the adult fleas immediately, given a bath to remove the immature flea forms, and treated with a dose of Frontline Plus™ to control fleas and ticks for 21 days. All of these treatments will be provided at the Owner’s expense according to PPR’s published pricing.
8) We love social media and often take pictures of our guests to share on our website, Facebook, and other social sites. Images are not sold to any third parties. Signing this agreement grants PPR unlimited and unrestricted use and publishing of these images. Wavers may be granted on a case by case basis.
We appreciate your business. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 703-631-9590. We want to ensure that all of your questions are answered and that your pet has an enjoyable stay with us.